What changes to the PALM scheme were announced in the 2023-24 Federal Budget?
- The 2023-24 Budget further improves and expands the PALM scheme in line with Australian, Pacific and Timor-Leste aspirations.
- The government will:
- strengthen oversight of domestic operations as part of improved support for PALM scheme workers
- responsibly grow the PALM scheme and better support employers and participating countries
- support more than 1,000 PALM scheme workers to attain formal qualifications over 4 years
- increase support to make it easier for PALM scheme workers to access their superannuation savings when they return home
- provide access to Medicare for an initial 200 families who will participate in the PALM scheme family accompaniment pilot.
- For more information, please read the PALM scheme reforms factsheet, or the full PALM scheme reforms FAQs.