Will there be changes to the visa class under the new PALM scheme once it commences on 4 April 2022?
- Yes. From 4 April 2022, all new PALM scheme workers will have to apply for a Subclass 403 visa in the Pacific Australia Labour Mobility stream.
- There will be 2 cohorts of workers under this visa stream:
- seasonal workers up to 9 months in every 12 months
- long term workers between one to 4 years.
- The Subclass 403 Temporary Work (International Relations) Visa in the SWP stream or PLS stream will no longer be available.
- However, workers who have already been granted or submitted an SWP or PLS stream visa before 4 April 2022 will be able to arrive and remain in Australia on those visas.